Date night. You know the one – the infamous, coveted evening when you get to enjoy dinner with your spouse, alone. To the non-local, Denver may represent the outdoors: the beautiful Rockies and one of the best places to ski, hike and vacation; however, one of our best kept secrets is our vibrant and unique restaurant scene!
Wondering where to dine when you snag a date night on the town? With so many options to choose from, we thought we’d give you a little head start with some of our favorite Denver Date Night Dinner Spots. The list covers Central Denver, Washington Park, Platt Park, RiNo (River North), Highlands, the Foothills, and even a Boulder favorite:
- Barolo Grill. Rustic and romantic, this authentic Italian spot is near Cherry Creek North.
- North. Located in the heart of Cherry Creek, North is traditional Italian food with a modern twist and charming ambience.
- Table 6. All you foodies out there, pay attention! In the words of ‘303 Magazine:’ “The place for your next picture perfect date night.” Creative food selections and incredible wine list.
- Poteger. Meaning “kitchen garden,” they support simple cooking, simple eating, and source food locally when they can. No reservations accepted, but this unique spot with delicious meals, wine and drinks, is worth the wait.
- Fruition. A small, charming restaurant known for its romantic ambience and fine farm-to-table dining. You won’t be disappointed in their attention to detail in every aspect of your meal.
- Bittersweet. Another farm-to-table spot, known for unique dishes and energetic surroundings.
- Village Cork. Cozy and relaxing, this wine bar and restaurant sits at the end of South Pearl Street in Platt Park and is known for their seasonal menu, cheese selection, and wine.
- Sushi Den & Izakaya Den. Arguably the best sushi in Denver, this South Pearl Street restaurant flies in fresh fish from Japanese fish markets daily. They’re also known for delicious sake and specialty cocktails.
- Beatrice & Woodsley. Located on South Broadway, the interior decor is reason enough to visit! The unique Rustic-American menu changes seasonally and the cocktails are delicious.
- Punch Bowl Social. If you are looking for a fun night out, this is your place. With games and bowling, as well as good American food you are sure to have a blast.
- Beast & Bottle. Located in Uptown Denver, it’s food, wine, and cocktails are delicious only to be upstaged by the warm and friendly atmosphere.
- Kevin Taylor’s at the Opera House. If you are looking for a true dining experience look no further. From start to finish the experience is memorable, and the energy only adds to the impeccable food.
- Rioja. A personal favorite located Downtown in Larimer Square, a romantic block for any date night! Bistro Vendome, Tag, and Osterio Marco get high honors, as well.
- Palace Arms. Fine, fine dining. A place to check out at least once in your Colorado life.
- Vesta Dipping Grill. The dipping sauces add a unique touch to the meals, which can stand alone as delicious and flavorful.
- Guard and Grace. This modern steakhouse in Downtown Denver is not to be missed. You will be blown away by the staff, quality of food, and ambience.
- Mizuna. A Denver romantic staple, serving French food. The atmosphere is elegant and quaint; a great spot for a special occasion celebrations.
- Acorn. Located within the Source, this unique epicurean marketplace in Denver’s RiNo District boasts creative cocktails and a unique sharing menu. A must-visit for any foodie!
- Root Down. You will be wowed. From the incredible dishes offered, to the warm and upbeat atmosphere, you can always count on a great experience at this must-see Highlands spot.
- Linger. This unique and “funky” sharing menu (with food from all over the world) means you are guaranteed to have an outstanding experience. Be sure to grab a night-cap on the top deck after dinner, where a food truck serves as a bar and you can catch some amazing Downtown views.
- Sartos. Italian dining located in Jefferson Park. From the minute you walk in, you will be impressed.
- Augustine Grill. Located in Downtown Castle Rock, in a darling, restored home, you will love the comfortable, cozy ambience and reasonably priced, but excellent menu.
- Black Hat Cattle Company. Explore western metro Denver at this infamous Kittredge steakhouse, known for its Western surroundings and incredible steaks and sides. You’ll love this bite of the Wild Wild West.
- The Briarwood Inn. Located in Golden, if there is one word to describe the experience here it would be “outstanding.” If you are looking for a classic and rural fine dining experience, this is your spot.
- Frasca Food and Wine. Located in Boulder, this restaurant is consistently at the top of foodies’ “MUST Try” restaurants and often featured in the nation’s premier dining publications. The Italian cuisine inspired by the Friuli region in northeast Italy and incredible wine parings are absolutely not to be missed!
We hope this list will gave you a good head-start the next time you snag a night out on the town! Bon Appetit, friends.