No matter where you live, finding good pizza is a must. Picky kids and foodie adults alike can agree that when nothing else sounds good, pizza is usually sure to hit the spot. And while the mile high city is no New York or Chicago, there’s no shortage of amazing pizza joints. Here are our favorites for Denver area (and surrounding) best pizza.
- Hops & Pie – Located on Tennyson, this pizzeria is known for their monthly artisan pizzas and their lengthy list of beers on tap.
- Pizzeria Locale – Started by Steve Ells of Chipotle, they are known for their quick serve pizzas with fresh ingredients. They have two locations in Denver, one on Broadway and one on 32nd street.
- Ernie’s Bar & Pizza – One of the only pizzerias left in Denver that still makes fresh dough every morning. Along with making their own tomato sauce and fresh mozzarella, this restaurant on 44th ave. is one of the local’s favorites.
- Tony P’s – With two fun locations in the Highlands and downtown Denver on 17th, their New York style pizza is a hit for ordering delivery or enjoying a night out with live music, offered on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- Bar Dough – This cozy Highlands location is known for great pizza and an extensive beer and wine list and makes for an overall great date night.
- Osteria Marco – Located in Larimer Square, this pizza joint is known for their unusual artisan style pizzas, such as fig and goat cheese, prosciutto, and lamb meatball.
- Fat Sully’s – This popular pizza-by-the-slice pizzeria has three locations on East Colfax, South Broadway, and the newest one on Tennyson. They also have a food truck that can be found around town.
- The Well – Order delivery or stop by their LoHi location or one of their famous sandwiches.
- Kao’s – Feel right at home in this pizzeria set up in a 100-year-old brick cottage. The garden patio is amazing and so are their fresh ingredient, all hand-made pizzas.
- Cart Driver – Located in a shipping container in the hip RiNo neighborhood, they are known for their wood fired pizzas and oysters.
- Frontroom Pizza – This is an old style family pizza restaurant located in the Green Mountain area, complete with baseball team photos on the wall and all. This classic, checkered-table Italian restaurant is known for their great sauce and crust.
- Mannie & Bo’s – A Golden favorite family pizza restaurant and sports bar, they are famous for their Chicago style pizza and calzones.
- Woody’s – Located in downtown Golden, this family owned restaurant has wonderful wood fired pizzas and an all-you-can-eat buffet.
- The Pizza Studio – A new addition to the Southwest Plaza Mall in Littleton, this quick order pizza place allows you to choose a crust, sauce, cheese, spices, and unlimited toppings to make your own creations.
- Racca’s – Just outside the Colorado Mills Mall, their popular specialty pizzas include the Brooklyn and the Sicilia and they are also known for their limoncello chicken wings.
- Johnny’s New York Pizza – This little Lakewood location is a true New York style pizzeria. Order by the slice or a whole pie, but be sure to order the garlic knots, too.
- Marino’s – Old school pizza place known for their authentic Italian flavor. The cheesy bread is a hit, as well.
- Parry’s – Their southern locations include Highlands Ranch, Parker, and Castle Rock. Their pizza is wonderful and their beer list extensive.
- Jet’s Pizza – Pizza, subs, and wings are the popular choices at this restaurant chain. They have locations in Centennial, South Littleton, and Aurora.
- Big Bill’s NY Pizza – A neighborhood restaurant in Centennial, you can expect New York style pizza and a friendly atmosphere.
- Mellow Mushroom – These eclectic, modern pizza joints serve up stone baked pizzas from their Lone Tree and Centennial locations.
- Granelli’s Pizzeria – This Castle Rock favorite is known for their thin crust pies and friendly atmosphere.
- Pie Five -Following the fast-casual restaurant concept, you can order a personal pizza individually crafted for you and be eating in five minutes.
- Sazza’s – Located in Greenwood Village, you can expect only organic, local, sustainable, and purely sourced ingredients here.
- Dad & Dudes – An Aurora favorite and a great spot for a night out for pizza and beer.
- Coloradough Pizza – With locations in Aurora and Parker, this pizza joint is all about Colorado with a favorite specialty pizza being The Meaty Mile High Pizza.
- MOD Pizza – Fast pizza with as many toppings as you would like makes this pizza joint a quick, tasty bite.
- Uncle Maddio’s – Fresh ingredients made to your exact liking make this a hit with the whole family.
North (Boulder, Louisville, Greeley, Fort Collins)
- Pizza Colore – A Boulder favorite on Pearl Street, this restaurant is locally owned and serves up New York style pizza.
- Roma Pizza – Known as Greeley’s pizza and beer joint, this place has been around since 1988 and is famous for its 34 ounce Bazooka pizza.
- Lucky Pie – Located in Louisville, craft beers and pizzas made from “real food from real farms.”
- Pizzeria Dalupo – A neighborhood pizza joint in Boulder with wood-fired and specialty pizzas made from fresh ingredients.
- Totally 80’s Pizza – If you grew up in the ’80’s you will love this pizzeria in Fort Collins. It touts itself as the only 1980’s restaurant and museum with lots of ’80’s memorabilia to check out while you scarf down some pizza.